Thursday, 12 February 2009

42

time flies. 42 years ago, this day, back in singapore, in a small village a boy was born. by the way, this baby was me. it has been 42 years. i had grow from a little boy, going through kindergarten in village area from the east, till studying at NTU in the west, working for many years in the central area and now working in china. from the son of a father to the father of a son. from little hair to little hair again... haha. 四十一条龙

back then, in singapore, mother usually do not go to the hospital to have the baby delivered. the mid-wife would come to the house to help on the delivery. when i was a child, my dad told me he drove his volkswagen beetle to fetch the mid-wife. my dad was making ok money to support the family and the car, many neighbours would borrow my dad's car to run errant and he would not hesitate to loan it out. he is a good man

coming back to myself. my colleagues celebrated my birthday yesterday together with another colleague. this is part of the standard celebration among the colleagues here in china. in the beginning of the year, we already chip in money for the whole year birthday lunches and other possible lunches. the lunch quality was good but not the quantity.

couple of surprises today. received a couple of birthday wishes from sms, facebook, msn. a few were from singapore and one was from a friend who i know him for 29 years, . thanks, that was a real surprise.

another big surprise was a chocolate cake from my wife. she spent hours to do the preparation and bake the cake. thanks my dear. i love u. ok, here is a picture of the cake and my family.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be lated Happy Birthday to you

AikPeng said...

thanks